COBA Europe offers one of the widest ranges of safety matting solutions in the market. We consider it our responsibility to provide high quality standards in every respect. We also understand the responsibility of our impact on the environment. Part of our commitment to quality includes meeting the regulations on Registration, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. Every COBA Europe product has been assessed for its compliance.
Our products meet the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals.REACH is a new regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. This Regulation entered into force on 1 June 2007. It simplifies and improves the former legislative framework on chemicals of the European Union (EU).
The main aims of REACH are to improve the protection of human health and the environment from chemical hazards, the promotion of alternative test methods, the free circulation of substances on the internal market and enhancing competitiveness and innovation.
REACH makes your responsibility to assess risks from chemicals and to limit and to send appropriate safety information to users of the industry. The Regulation entered into force on 01 June 2007 and replaced a number of directives and regulations with a single default.
- COBA understand our obligations under REACH.
- COBA have identified a senior manager responsible for REACH.
- The single point of contact to customers is via REACH@cobaeurope.com.
- COBA have established a formal company structure for managing REACH.
- COBA have established an inventory for substances, preparations and articles used in our business.
- COBA will notify our customer(s) of product(s) supplied for which there are substances that are not intended to be pre-registered.
- COBA intends that all substances in the products we supply to you, which require registration, will be pre-registered by us or an actor further up our supply chain.
- By 30 November 2008, COBA will send customers a list of all “products” that contain substances likely to be included in the candidate list (Article 57).
- GRP Sheet, Treads and Nosing