Choosing the right mats for your environment can reduce absenteeism, increase productivity, increase workplace safety and improve overall employee wellbeing. Anti fatigue mats should be installed in any workplace where workers stand for extensive time periods, this could include industrial workstations to hotel reception desks.
It can be a bit overwhelming deciding which type of anti fatigue matting to select for yours or your customer’s workplace. Some of your first considerations should include:
- Will the matting be used in a wet or dry area?
- Does the matting need to cover a large working environment or fixed workstations?
- Is the environment exposed to any liquids, such as chemicals/oils/grease?
- Are ramped edges required?
In general, it can be said that a closed industrial mat is suitable for dry workplaces, while an “open” workstation mat provides the necessary drainage for workplaces where oils, water or other liquids are used. We offer a wide range of different anti-fatigue mats, so that the right mat can be found for every work environment.
Things to consider when selecting anti-fatigue matting:
- Will trucks and trolleys be used on or around the matting?
- Do you require matting on a roll, individual mats or interlocking tiles?
- Will the matting come into contact with chemicals or other liquids?
- Try out our MatBrain workplace matting selection tool to quickly search through more than 100 matting solutions based on the specific requirements of yours, or your customer’s workplace.
To support you we’ve produced the Mats in Mind app enabling you to quickly search through over 100 matting solutions, and narrow down the perfect matting for a specific environment.
Many of the mats in this range also act as anti slip mats; increasing standing comfort and reducing the risks of slips and trips. Selecting the right anti fatigue matting for your environment is important.