COBAGRiP® GRP Stair Nosing Anti Slip
Increase stair safety with highly visible GRP anti-slip stair nosing
- Durable and easy to install on both existing and new-build steps.
- A hard wearing, gritty surface available in bright colours helps protect against slips and trips whilst meeting the Equality Act requirements (DDA).
- GRP stair nosing profile suitable for external stairs such as internal stairs.
- R13 slip resistance according to DIN 51130
- Easy assembly by gluing or screwing.
- Manufactured with chamfered back edge for additional safety.
- Technical Specification
- Installation Guides
|Part Number||Size||Colour||Weight||Price Request|
|GRP070001N||3 m x 55 mm x 55 mm||Yellow||1.80 kg||Request Price|
|GRP070002N||2 m x 55 mm x 55 mm||Yellow||1.20 kg||Request Price|
|GRP070003N||1.5 m x 55 mm x 55 mm||Yellow||0.90 kg||Request Price|
|GRP070004N||1 m x 55 mm x 55 mm||Yellow||0.60 kg||Request Price|
|Product Height||5 mm|
|Operating Temperature||-50°C to +90°C|
|Environmental Resistance||Suitable for indoor and outdoor environments|
|Typical Applications||External steps|
|Installation Method||Bond or screw to surface|
|Cleaning Method||COBAGRiP should be almost maintenance free in most outside environments. Natural elements will have the effect of cleaning COBAGRiP. Brushing and flushing with a mild detergent solution may be desirable now and again to restore appearance.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Slip Tested to||DIN 51130 - R13 & BS 7976-2 - low slip potential|
Why is stair nosing required on stairs?
GRP Stair Nosing can make a real difference when it comes to reducing slip hazards and generally increasing safety underfoot on industrial or public stairways. Stair nosing can be used for interior or exterior applications.
By installing GRP stair nosing, slips and trips can be prevented, especially in high-traffic areas. Our experts recommend considering stair safety as part of each new buildings design process. However, if this hasn’t been planned, heavy duty anti-slip stair nosing can be installed easily on old steps just as effectively. Our anti-slip GRP stair nosings have a durable silicone carbide surface for long-lasting wear, making them the perfect long term solution.
The HSE reports thousands of slips and trips in the work place and public spaces each year. They recommend taking precautions at the start of the design process for a new building. See our 5 top tips to help prevent slips on outdoor stairs and steps.
GRP Stair Nosing Applications
GRP Stair Nosing is suitable for existing or new-build steps, and available in yellow which meets DDA visibility requirements (disability discrimination act). The yellow colour is very visible and defines the edge of steps in low level light, such as dark mornings and evenings during Autumn and Winter.
Top 10 Benefits of GRP Stair Nosing
- Hard wearing
- Slip resistant
- Cost effective
- Cutting and drilling service available
- Protects stair edge
- Resistant to warping
- Easy to install, screwed or glued
- DDA compliant stair nosings
- Four different sizes available
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
There are two installation routes for you to choose from. We can supply and install your project for you, on a date and time which suits you best, or we can provide you with everything you need so you can complete the project yourself.
To support you with your project, we offer a Supply and Install Service where we’ll take care of everything from specification to installation. There’s also the option to organise your installation overnight, to prevent any business down time.
If you’d like to install the project yourself, we have an easy to follow installation guide which covers all of our GRP products. To ensure your project runs smoothly we also offer a cutting and pre-drilling service for your GRP nosings.
Our cost effective GRP nosing range has been designed with a hard wearing gritty surface to help prevent slips on stairs, the chamfered back edge also provides additional safety. The surface is made from silicon carbide, and provides the stair nosing with superior underfoot grip properties, even in wet, oily, or icy conditions.
These three key features of GRP stair nosing improve safety for both employees and the public:
- Gritted top surface
- The gritted top surface improves slip resistance underfoot, even in harsh environments.
- Bright yellow finish
- The bright yellow defines the edge of each step, improving visibility, especially in lowlight conditions.
- Chamfered back edge
- The chamfered back edge reduces the risk of trip hazards. By taking the necessary precautions, the chance of compensation claims can by limited for slip and trip accidents.